Duration: 2 days
Delivering value through effective Program Increment execution With SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager Certification. Based on version 5.1 of SAFe
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM).
During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments.
Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
To perform the role of a SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees learn:
- How to perform the role of a PO and a PM on a daily basis
- How to put the customer at the center of your design, build, and test process
- How to prepare for and lead PI Planning
- How to decompose Epics to Features and Features to Stories
- How to collaborate with Agile teams to forecast work
Over two days we will take a deep dive in the following modules:
- Exploring the Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) Roles and Responsibilities
- Preparation and execution from Program Increment (PI)
- Preparation and execution of iterations together with the Agile teams
- Definition and forcasting of features and user stories
- Applying SAFe along the complete product development
Who should attend?
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Exam name: SAFe® Product Owner/Product Manager
Exam format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
Are there any prerequisites?
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5.1 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM)certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe® course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
Almudena Rodriguez Pardo. Management 3.0 Licensed Trainer,SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC), Management 3.0 Licensed Trainer, PMI-ACP, ICA-BAF. Business Agility Consultant at Rodriguez Pardo & Assocs. Almudena Rodriguez Pardo has more than 22 years of operational experience in the telecommunication industry, where she has been engaged as a senior software developer, quality coordinator and technical market support engineer in several IT projects. Passionate Agilist, expert for Agile and DevOps methodologies and change management, Almudena has supported with her Agile consulting services the successful Agile deployment of a wide spectrum of European companies. The Agile transformations driven by Almudena affect a wide variety of industrial sectors such as insurance, telecommunications, retail, government, apps, media, etc…these experiences build the fundamentals of her courses, where she combines the theory with lots of practical examples and lessons learned while supporting enterprises with Business Consultancy.
As an international speaker, Almudena has been invited to numerous Agile and DevOps international conferences like Agile Practitioners Israel, Agile Tour London, Conference Agile Spain, Agile Austria Conference, etc. … Also well-known as keynote speaker, Almudena participated with Opening Keynotes at UCCAT Paris, Hustef in Budapest and ExpoQA Madrid. For 2022, Almudena is already planned as a speaker at the Agile Conference Serbia, European Business Analysis in Frankfurt and as Keynote Speaker at the Forward Management 3.0 Conference in Berlin.