Duration: 3 days with an optional practice day
“Successful Requirements Engineering as base for successful projects has as a precondition the consequent usage of suitable methods, processes and tools.”
Exactly to fulfill this, many projects fail. The crucial point is, to do the right steps in the right way. To identify and understand the requirements is the base for success or failing of projects. The topic in the focus of this seminar is (extension of the Foundation Level): How we can plan and execute the elicitation of requirements systematically.
In this training you will learn to use the enhanced methods for the elicitation of requirements in projects with a special focus on planning the elicitation systematically.
- Concepts for the structured planning the elicitation process
- Systematically identify an manage stakeholders and different sources of requirements
- Required skills of requirements engineers managing the elicitation and consolidation of requirements (soft skills).
- Planning the elicitation for different sources of requirements sources with different process models including Human Centered Design approaches as documented in the standard
- EN/ISO/ÖNORM 9241–210:2010
- Enhanced 19 elicitation techniques: gathering, design- and idea-generating, thinking tools
- Using the appropriate conflict resolution techniques in the process of requirements consolidation based on conflict identification and conflict analysis.
During the seminar knowledge and competences are trained based on the syllabus of IREB as base for a certification as “Certifie Professional for Requirements Engineering Advanced Level Elicitation” of the International Requirements Engineering Board IREB.
The whole content of the IREB Syllabus CPRE-Advanced Level Elicitation 2.0.1:
- Enhanced view of requirements engineering compared with the Foundation Level of CPRE (systematic planning, techniques)
- Communication / Conflict Models: F. Schulz von Thun, P. Watzlawick, F. Glasl and their application in the communication with stakeholders.
- Systematic managing of different sources of requirements, classification of requirements sources, classification of stakeholders, concept PERSONA, ISO 9241–210 as pattern
- Instantiation of various process patterns for the requirements elicitation (waterfall, design-thinking, human-centered-design,
- Selecting the appropriate elicitation techniques (19 techniques)
- Selecting the appropriate technique for the consolidation of requirements and become familiar with various conflict resolution techniques
- Soft skills for further personal development
Presentations supported by case studies and practical exercises and discussions based on examples. Using photo analysis / video analysis. Based also on theories of Schulz von Thun, F. Glasl, ISO 9241–210, Edward De Bono, …)
Experience in managing projects, system development or experience in process or quality management. Certificate CPRE Foundation Level (!)
Soft are developer, domain experts, project manager, requirements engineers, product owner, Scrum master, business analysts, software architects.
Ing. Rudolf Siebenhofer, CMC
More than 35 years international industry experience in IT, soft are engineering as well as project management in various domains like telecommunication industry, industry automation, automotive, airlines industry and healthcare sector. Since 2010 he has been working as an independent IT and management consultant. Founder and owner of SieITMCi Siebenhofer. Consulting e.U., since 2003 university lecturer at the Institute for Applied Computer Science and Institute for Soft are Systems at the University of Klagenfurt. Until 2010 CEO of Siemens PSE (Nanjing) Co., Ltd. Certified Professional Requirements Engineer (IREB), Certified Professional Software Architect (iSAQB), Certified Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner (srum.org), Certified Business Trainer (CNT). Certified Management Consultant (CMC).